There are so many fraud activity going on daily on the internet. Many fraudulent contacts on the internet takes place through the email. Protect your self and your business today, don’t be a victim of internet fraud, take the following precautions! You don’t know when it might save you & your business.
Tips to Secure your Online Business
1.Use Common sense: This is the basic to all right-minded people. Use your common sense, don’t be hasty to trust the information on the internet.
2. Do Make sure your computer firewall is always turned on.
3. always get the latest with your operating system, applications, and antivirus software by updating regularly.
4. Regularly Back UP your system files, and make sure the copies are stored safely.
5. Don’t be quick to provide your credit card or banking information to any website. Only to reputable ans secured websites.
6. Review your bank statements and credit card transaction details frequently. Once you spot any unfamiliar transactions, contact the company immediately.
7. Don’t be greedy: take note of free websites or offers that sell product at extremely low price. It could be phishing bait that lures you with spam emails
8. Always beware of unsolicited bulk email (junk email), especially if the email contains links to external website or perhaps asking you for personal information details, such as your verification details. It might be scam.
9. make sure you use use different password for different account.
10. Change your password periodically
11. Choose password that are easy for you to remember, and difficult for people to guess.
12. Always type in the correct address when visiting a website. One spelling error might definitely redirect you to a fraudulent website
13. Use encrypted connections to transmit sensitive data,such as your credit card details, and always log of the website when you have finished.
14. If using a public computer to access information, always make sure you clear history, so that another person won’t know the websites you were browsing..
15. And lastly, say a BIG NO, to question “REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD?” Trojan program can harvest your stored information. Leaving you vulnerable to fraud!. but you can remember password if you are on your personal computer
Once you can completely follow the above 15 steps, I can assure you won’t be victimized by fraud!… You will begin experiencing the feeling that your business is protected.